Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy 82nd Birthday!


Daddy/Grandpa's 80th Birthday


Happy Birthday Daddy/Grandpa!

Daddy turned 82 today. He's lived longer than his dad, mom and brother. I called Daddy to wish him a happy birthday and he said that for breakfast Cynthia took him to the Original House of Pancakes and he had an Apple Pancake (we'll have to post a recipe for that another time). I haven't been there in years but have fond memories of going there when I was a little girl. I love that place! Cynthia is also making Daddy a chocolate cherry birthday cake. This is one of his favorites and I wish I could be there to celebrate and eat cake. On my most recent trip to Oregon to visit mom and daddy, I found some of mom's and daddy's recipes and sure enough, there was a recipe for chocolate cherry cake, so in honor of Daddy's birthday today, I'm posting the recipe I found in their recipe box.


CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE

1 pkg. Devils Food Cake mix
1- 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
2 eggs - beaten

Mix together and put into a greased and floured 9x13 pan.
Bake at 350 for 30 min.

Frosting:
1 cup sugar
5 T butter
1/3 cup milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil while stirring. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Pour over warm cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment